Join fellow beekeepers for a fun and educational event to extract the 2017 honey harvest.
Bring up to 4 supers of honey from your hives to extract with the help of experienced beekeepers. You will need containers to hold your honey & cappings wax for you to transport it home.
We will talk more about removing your supers and transporting them to the event at the July EMBA Members Meeting on July 8th.
You will sign up for a specific session to extract your honey, but please stay all day for lunch and enjoying the beautiful surroundings that Camp Wyman has to offer.
- Date and Time: Sunday, July 30, 2017, from 8:00 – 3:00 with extraction sessions starting at 8:00 (8:00am & 10:00am sessions are FULL), 10:00 & 1:00. Come whenever you want & stay all day, to visit with other beekeepers and to enjoy the beautiful scenery & good food. Plan on extracting at the time on your reservation. We hope a lot of our experienced club members will join us for a fun day helping others extract their honey.
- Lunch will be served at Noon.
- What to Bring if you are extracting:
- Honey Supers. Please wrap each super individually in a plastic bag. Please also label each super with your name. If you saved the cardboard boxes from your hive parts, they will fit the super, and are easy to carry.
- Honey Buckets. You will need to bring at least 2 buckets with tight fitting lids. B
ring a 3 ½ or 5 gal. food-grade plastic bucket and lid for each full super of honey (available as surplus from bakeries or for sale by beekeeping supply vendors) . If you want to save your wax, bring one bucket and lid to carry your cappings (it will hold all your wax).
- Honey Jars. If you have honey containers and wish to bottle, bring them. We will have two bottling stations. We will also have jars for sale for State Fair entries, and entry forms.
- Where to bring the supers. Upon arrival, follow the signs to parking or super drop off. You don’t want to carry your supers from the parking area.
Restrictions. Please do not bring pets.
- Directions to Camp Wyman from St. Louis, MO
- Take Interstate 44 West to th MO-109/MO-W Exit #264
- As you exit, get into the center lane on the ramp and turn right onto HWY 109.
- Make an immediate left turn at the first stoplight onto Fifth Street.
- Turn right at the second stoplight onto Meramec Boulevard.
- Follow Meramec Blvd. for about 1.5 miles until you reach the stop sign at Forby Road at the bottom of a long hill.
- Turn Left on Forby Road, and follow it for just over one mile to the entrance of Kiwanis Camp Wyman.
*If you need assistance, please call Laura @ 314-952-2329